Saturday, April 12, 2008

more books...

For the Fulbright kids :),

Here are some children/young adult books I read in the U.S.. They have inspired me while writing Maria Dracula. When you get here, you might want to read them, too! In the meantime, you can check them out on Amazon.com.

· Eoin Colfer - Artemis Fowl (great action vocabulary)

· Kate DiCamillo - The Tale of Despereaux (written in rhythmic lines)

· Natalie Babbit – Tuck Everlasting (poetic images)

· Cynthia Kadohata – Kira-Kira (sensitive language)

· Alice Hoffman – Water Tales (Aquamarine & Indigo) (fairy-tale-like, but with an urban twist)

· Sandra Ciseneros – The House on Mango Street (written in poetic prose)

1 comment:

Arisme said...

Thank you for your reading suggestions. I have already seen the Disney movie "Tuck Everlastig"(after Babbit's Book) and liked it a lot. Maybe the first book I will choose is going to be Ciseneros' "The House on Mango Street". I am looking forward to experience the poetic prose in English and try it by myself.